A Late Night

Today I got to show Bubs some of my favorite places. Torchy's and Redstone.

We had a slow morning, and then headed to Torchy's for lunch. It was so yummy as always and we had fun talking about all sorts of things. Then after lunch, we headed to Redstone for a walk. On the way, I showed Bubs the house we put an offer in and didn't get.haha. I'm still sad about the house but hopefully something else we really like will come up! At Redstone, we went on a solid walk and then headed back for a work meeting Bubsy had. 

After her meeting, we went to REI for some shoe shopping. Bubsy's birthday's coming up, and she wants trail running shoes for her present this year. 

A note about birthdays: As siblings (and oftentimes mom and dad too if the present is more expensive), we like to go in on a bigger gift for birthdays together. I honestly love our system, because then you get a really nice gift on your birthday instead of a couple smaller gifts. I have taken it upon myself to be the birthday coordinator for the family.haha. I usually ask people what they want for their birthday (or ask spouses), and then pool everyone's money together for the present. Another thing I love about our system is that we just ask people what they want so then they get something they'll use. I know it may take some of the surprise out of the gift, but it seems to work for our family! 

Okay...enough about my family's birthday system.haha. So, we went to REI to find Bubs some shoes. She tried on a couple and found some she liked! We left the store without the shoes, so then she could look online and find the color she liked and we could just ship them to the house. 

After shoe shopping, we came back to the house and started making some dinner. Sausage, Kale, and Potato soup. Then the rest of the night is mostly a blur (except that Bubs creamed me in Star Realms--twice! Marty has said that there's some luck involved in this game, and I hadn't really believed his comment until I got crushed by my sister who didn't really know what she was doing, and now I'm going to believe him.haha). Bubs and I stayed up until 1 just talking. It was so awesome! I love having a little sister that I can talk with for hours. I also love going to bed early, but staying up late with my sister just flew by. I couldn't believe how late it was by the time I went to bed! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick's Fish House

Many Oopses

Last day in Paris