Naps

Emi and I started off the morning at My Gym. This week, the babies get to ride a plastic horse for one of the activities. It was so cute! She just was chomping on the rope tied around the horse's neck as they pulled her around.haha. 

I also took 2(!) naps with Emi throughout the day. We had her pediatrician appointment last week, and what I took from what the doctor said was that the cry it out method is the most effective method to help babies learn to sleep through the night (even though she didn't explicitly say it). I feel like up to this point, Marty has been on board with letting her cry it out, but when I hear Emi screaming I feel like a horrible parent and like my heart is breaking. But after talking with the doctor, I decided to hop on board. Early this morning (4 am) we let Emi cry it out for 30 minutes and even though I did nothing but listen to her cry haha I was exhausted today! After my 2 naps I felt pretty out of it.

We also got to talk with Alex, Isaac, and Rachel over FaceTime. It was fun catching up and seeing 2 of Emi's cousins. I found a cheap flight for next month, so Emi and I are going to head out to visit them. So excited! 

In the evening I went to the Highlands Ranch Running Club and Marty had his work softball game. I would've gone to his game but it didn't start until 8 which is already past Emi's bedtime. I'm hoping it's earlier next week so I can go! I loved getting to watch him play last summer.

Ever since I found out about the running club from my friend Katye I've been wanting to go! Finally...6 months postpartum--I'm ready! I had a blast and made sure to go online and officially join the club when I got home in the evening. 

Other than that I hoped on Zoom for Young Mom's Institute in the evening. I adore the teacher, Sarah. She's so down to earth and kind. I also enjoy learning from other mom's who are in the same stage of life as me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick's Fish House

Last day in Paris

Marty! Lizzie!