Postpartum Life

Since having a baby, I've had issues with my tissue healing incorrectly. At first, I thought it was just normal and then I waited a couple months postpartum and decided to schedule an appointment because I was still hurting...and I'm so glad I did! I have had 2 appointments before today. The first one they just numbed me and used silver nitrate to treat the granulation tissue. The second one, they did not numb me and gave me kenalog injections (in a very painful place to have them) and silver nitrate again. I was scarred after that experience and came home from my appointment traumatized. 
    
Today I went in. I'm mostly healed but not quite there. It turned out the granulation tissue was gone (yay!), but there was some more scar tissue that the doctor said would heal best if she gave me the injections again. I was still scared, but they numbed me so I couldn't feel the injections as they initially entered my tissue. I also asked for the medical assistant to come in so I could hold her hand. I felt embarrassed asking but it helps me to have someone to hold onto.

The first two areas she did injections in weren't too bad but the third was pretty painful. But, I am happy to report that I made it through! I handled everything way better and came out of the appointment very proud of myself. Knowing what to expect this appointment and the numbing made all the difference. Even though the numbing didn't stop the pain (or shock) once the shot entered the tissue, just the idea of having a little numbing helped my brain feel calmer. In fact, while I was waiting for the numbing to kick in I got to sit in the patient room by myself for 15 minutes. It was heavenly haha. I was starting to fall asleep! It's crazy how after having a child even waiting in the doctors office alone can be a nice break. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick's Fish House

Last day in Paris

Marty! Lizzie!