Torchys, Shopping, and Zumba

Today I was rocking Emi to sleep for nap time when I heard the door begin to open. In walked Marty and he asked if I wanted to go to lunch with him. It was burrito day at the office, and he always feels sick after that so instead he decided he'd go to Torchy's--but he needed someone to help him finish the queso. Emi and I gladly went with him (and ate my fair share of queso and tacos). It was so fun to go out to lunch together. We'll have to do it again some time! 

Emi and I were doing our grocery run and this gentleman (I'm guessing in his late 60's or maybe early 70's) stopped me in the store make some small talk. As it turns out he has another infusion tomorrow. He has been dealing with cancer and has had a lot of health issues. I think he just needed someone to talk to, and I was happy to listen. It's moments like those that remind me how we all need each other.

On a completely different note, I went to a Zumba class tonight with a new teacher. I miss my other teacher so much, but she only teaches during the day. It's a bummer. Only 6.5 months until I can put Emi in the rec center daycare and can go attend my favorite classes again haha. Anyway, this class was wild. I thought I had signed up for dirty dancing boot camp or something. The music was super loud and trashy and so was the dancing. Which, don't get me wrong, dirty dancing and trashy music can be fun, but this was next level. What didn't help was there was another new student there today, maybe in his early 60s, who was dancing next to me. Every time we turned to the side to dance he was getting my booty right in his face. Poor guy...but after so many years of dance lessons I can't help but follow the choreography. The teacher came up to me after class and commented on how I was picking up the choreo well. It made me feel good. But even so, I'm not sure if I'll be back to that class. We'll see.haha. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick's Fish House

Many Oopses

Last day in Paris