Utah

Emi and I flew out to Utah this morning. It felt like we were leaving Marty way too soon, and although I was super excited to see my mom, I was also bummed that Marty and I would be apart again. 

This time at the airport I decided to time myself to see how long it'd take Emi and I to get through. It took us 32 minutes from the car to our gate--and that was with a busy security line. I'm thinking arriving 45-50 minutes before boarding time gives the perfect amount of time to get through security and also change Emi's diaper before heading on a flight. 

The flight went okay. Emi was kind of grumpy and needed a nap badly but she couldn't sleep. She made high pitched screams and was bobbing her head all over the place. I was so worried that people were annoyed by the sounds she was making. We got upgraded which is awesome, but sometimes I worry that people who pay more for their tickets expect to have a flight with less disruptions (which leaves me feeling more bad when Emi fusses). In the last 20 minutes of the flight Emi just passed out from being so tired. It was a heavenly 20 minutes. When we landed I thanked the lady next to me for being so patient and apologized for Emi's craziness. To my surprise, she said she thought Emi had done really well and seemed like she has flown a lot. I was grateful to hear that.

Mom picked us up at the airport and we grabbed Zupas on the way home. I love that place so much! I got my usual. Try 2 Combo with Nuts About Berries Salad and Turkey Bacon Avocado Sandwich. It honestly feels like I see my mom all the time because of FaceTime so even though she's been living halfway around the world it doesn't feel like that in a way. I'm still very excited to get to spend the week with her!

In the evening Mom went to pick up Bubs and her stuff while I stayed home with Emi so she could take a nap. After Emi woke up, she and I went to Grandma and Grandpa Shaeffer's house. It was fun to see them and catch up. Dan was cooking up dinner and offered for us to eat with them. It was delicious (wings, vegetables, and watermelon). Emi got scared a few times, but I think it's mostly because was tired from a long day. I seriously feel so blessed with my parents and in-laws. 

In the evening Bubs and I went to Target to grab a couple things for the week. We were both so tired that it almost felt like a dream.haha. 

Can't wait for this coming week (and hoping Friday comes soon so Marty can be here too:)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick's Fish House

Last day in Paris

Marty! Lizzie!