House projects and Japanese Tutoring

We finally found some people who can take down our half wall! Of all the projects we're getting done on our house, I'm most excited about this one. The reason being that we'll actually be able to have a table in our kitchen instead of just a bar!

That's the wall we're having taken down.

I also had Japanese tutoring today. I've been a bit discouraged about my Japanese studies since coming back from Japan because I felt like I didn't have many opportunities to use the language in Japan. (We just went to so many touristy places that the Japanese people often initiated a conversation in English, and I felt like it would be condescending to respond in Japanese if English was spoken first.) Going to tutoring reminded me, though, that I like learning Japanese. 

After tutoring, Emi and I took a trip to to The Container Store to find some bins to organize our linen closet. I also got some inspiration for Emi's "Wild One" birthday celebration coming up.

I got the exact measurements on the linen closet, but after I bought the bins I discovered that if the bins are right next to each other, it makes it difficult to pull any bins out.

Experimenting with different ways to arrange the bins.

How cute is this?

Love these little animal candles.

I also thought this box was cute!

In the evening, Marty and I went to choose out light fixtures for the house. It took us a bit to decide what we wanted, but hopefully the ones we chose will look good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick's Fish House

Last day in Paris

Marty! Lizzie!