Travel Redemption

At church this morning, there was a lady who was walking up to the stand to do a piano musical number, and in the silence Emi babbled her favorite word "Dada." It was hilarious, and some heads turned to see where the sound had come from. haha. After church we played outside in the kiddie pool and ate lunch.

Missus puffers

Ingi saying goodbye to missus before she headed off to NY

Picnic outside

In the afternoon Bubs headed to New York for her internship and Dave dropped me and Emi off at the airport. The Harrisburg airport is small and Emi and I had the perfect amount of time to check in our luggage and grab a bite to eat before taking off to Georgia. Emi did amazing on the flight, and several people commented about how well she did. One young girl told me "Your baby did quite well on the flight" as she left the airplane. It was cracking me up!

Emi loved the Biscoff cookie

In Atlanta the stars aligned and I was able to catch an earlier flight home...which proved to be a very good thing because my original flight ended up getting delayed a few hours. That would've put us getting to the airport around 3 am East Coast time. The only downside to hopping on an earlier flight was that my checked bags arrived with the original flight. 

Also...EMI SLEPT THE ENTIRE FLIGHT! Takeoff to landing. I couldn't believe it.

Just like I wrote a few days ago it's always a wild card traveling with a baby!

When we arrived at the airport I went to baggage claim to figure out my baggage situation, and I had the nicest guy helping me. I pulled the baby card haha, and he agreed to have my luggage delivered when it arrived instead of making me wait to pick it up when my original flight arrived. While I was there, another young mom was speaking with a representative and her stroller got lost somewhere. She was so distraught and just broke down. I was glad I could be there to give her a hug, because I know how hard it is traveling with a baby and how frustrating it can be when things go wrong. It is the absolute worst.

Emi and I were excited to see Marty at the airport. We've missed him! While we've been gone Marty's been moving stuff and getting the house in working order. One of the projects he worked on was organizing our closet. He even organized my dresses from his favorite to his least favorite:) It's good to be home.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nick's Fish House

Last day in Paris

Marty! Lizzie!