Guest Writer

 Hi everyone! This is Marty guest writing last Saturday the 19th on Lizzie's blog.

Saturday mornings are my time to get some daddy daughter one on one time with Emi. Lizzie has running club and has to leave at 6:30. I usually wake up with Lizzie, send her off and then spend time playing some videogames in the morning. Emi wakes up around 8, I get her dressed and then we go to My Gym! She always has a lot of fun and it's fun for me to get to do a fun activity with her rather than just killing time around the house in the morning. 

We usually get home around 9:45 from My Gym and Emi plays in the kitchen while I make pancakes. Emi loves her pancakes and so do I. I always use the bisquick mix so its super easy. Emi and I listen to music, hang out and eat up while we wait for Liz to come home. Liz comes home around 10:30, we get Emi cleaned up and then she goes down for a nap once Lizzie has finished her shower. Once Emi and Lizzie are both down for their Saturday naps, I get a quick workout in at the rec center down the street.

That's the Saturday morning routine! Later that day, we all went couch shopping. Lizzie and I went to the store the night before while we had a babysitter, so we basically knew what we wanted when we went back in to the store. Lizzie has already told you all about the deal we made when picking our couch, and I definitely feel like it was a great deal! The couch is comfortable, chic, and we even got an ottoman so I would be able to stretch my legs out and not get sore ankles from a wooden table.

That evening, we drove out to Limon (which is pretty close to the airport) to have a BBQ with Allison and her husband Josh. There were 2 other couples there and all of the guys were in dental school or residency. The BBQ got rained out and we ended up going to their house instead of hanging out by the pool, which was fine by me. We had a good time getting to know them better and everyone had little babies meaning there was lots to talk about.

I was about to close with a nice generic line about how nice Saturdays are, but we just had once heck of a day yesterday trying to get ready for family pictures and it turned into an all day ordeal. Our morning routine also didn't go so well since Emi wasn't in a great mood. All that being said, I still think that all of us had a really nice weekend :)

5 teethies

Emi with an Oreo dad gave her.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick's Fish House

Many Oopses

Last day in Paris