Young Women's and Peach Cobbler

Last night I prayed that I'd get called into Young Women's in our ward. I've wanted to be in Young Women's pretty much from the time Marty and I got married. Growing up, I had so many influential Young Women's leaders who were in their 20's that were such great role models to me. I also had great leaders who were older, too, but the younger leaders just seemed closer to my stage in life and so fun and hip. haha. It's also nice to have people who don't know all the drama about different girls and can just come in and love you without knowing "such and such about this person" and "such and such about that person." Anyways, I wanted to be just like them. Even now, I still look up to them. 

Welp. Marty and I got a text to meet with the Bishop, and I am going to be in Young Women's. I am over the moon excited. And terrified. Like what if I don't live up to their expectations? I'm so imperfect...but I want to be a good role model. I just hope I can be what my Young Women's leaders were/are to me.

In the evening we made some gyoza and then rushed off to Logan and Amanda D.'s house. They're friends from our last ward and they invited us over for peach cobbler and games. We played a few rounds of Rummikub--Marty creamed us all--and at the delicious peach cobbler then headed back to our house, put Emi in bed, and then played a few games with Peter and Alex. Sundays have become busier days for us!
I love dressing up my little girl.

Homemade gyoza. Marty said it's some of the best he's had (!) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick's Fish House

Last day in Paris

Marty! Lizzie!