Black Friday

This morning we went out to breakfast at French Roast (a 2 minute walk from Dan and Angela's place. I can definitely see the appeal of city life!) I got french toast and it was delicious!

Then we went home for just a short time before we were headed to an escape room called "Beat the Bomb." As the name suggests, your goal is to beat the escape room with your team before a (color) bomb explodes.

There were a series of 4 rooms before the final room, and how your team performed on the first 4 rooms determined how much time you had on the last room. I would 100% recommend this escape room. It was seriously so fun and different from other escape rooms in that everyone had to work together in each room (Whereas in other escape rooms it's easy for one or two people to do most the work).




Meanwhile Emi was hanging out with Aunt Courtney and Uncle Michael. They had been before and were nice enough to watch her so Marty and I could go.

Afterwards we grabbed some ice cream, headed on the ferry back to Manhattan (I think? I'm still trying to figure out everything.haha), and ate pizza at this pizza-by-the-slice shop.


Then we headed to SoHo and Courtney met us there with Emi (this was a trial run to see how it'll be when she and Michael have kids.haha). 

Courtney carrying Emi's stroller down to the subway.

They made it!

After we arrived Emi got handed off again to grandpa so the rest of us could shop (Marty and I are seriously so spoiled having everyone watch Emi while we get to do all these fun things). Marty and I headed to Vuori and found a few things and then I met Courtney and Angela at Aritzia to go coat shopping. They helped me find a bunch of coats to try on and I ended up getting the same coat as Courtney got just a few days prior (she was nice about letting me match her haha). I'm excited to get to wear these new clothes--thanks Dan and Angela!

Grandpa took Emi to get cupcakes...

and to the park while we were shopping!

Then we headed to dinner--Burger and Lobster. Marty had heard about this from a coworker and was excited to try it out. 

Emi checking out the lobsters.

After that we went to "The Edge" which had beautiful views of the city (and it was also freezing!). 



Just looking at this picture is making my hands sweaty!

Our family. Peep the Empire State Building in the back. Remember when we got stuck in the elevator of the Empire State Building? haha. That was fun.

Some decor on our way out. 

The vessel.

And then we went home. Wow. What a day. Writing about everything we did today I'm shocked how we managed to fit it all in! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick's Fish House

Last day in Paris

Marty! Lizzie!