Sweeney Todd

Had the yummiest Acai bowls from Hawa for breakfast. I think we may have to have them everytime now.

In the morning we headed to Central Park for family pictures. Emi was really cute for the first bit and then started to freeze and was done.

Then we went to The Met. I was hoping to go there this trip so I was glad we got to go. I enjoyed just looking around and seeing some beautiful art. Below are some of my favorites!

I love Monet's work.

Degas's sculpture of a ballerina. 

Marty said this one looked like the Rosen girls working hard. hahah.

Marty with the Christmas Tree.

Emi in "Vertigo of Color" appreciating Manet.

I love the look of these steps up to the entrance of The Met.

Then we went to Serendipity. It's the cutest place and I love eating all the desserts and the nachos.

Aren't these menus ginormous?!

Our table. Not pictured: Dan & Angela and Bob & Rhonda at the other table.

The star.

Afterwards we headed to ice skating in Central Park at Wollman Rink. (Dan took Emi back to the apartment so we didn't even have to worry about her.) You can never go wrong with ice skating! 


In the evening, grandma and grandpa stayed back with Emi so we could go see Sweeney Todd. I wanted to see the show because it sounded intriguing and I'd heard about it before. However, I was nervous that it would be a bit morbid--you know with all the human meat pies and things. Well I ended up really enjoying it! Yes, it was dark. But also funny.

I was hoping Josh Groban would sing "You Raise Me Up" as an encore but no such luck. Instead he auctioned off a broken rolling pin from the show for Broadway Cares. Someone bid $1,200 for it. What?!



And then we took an obligatory stop at Krispy Kreme. Did I eat down 3 donuts in minutes? Yep! And then we went to a pizza place. And then back to the apartment.

Marty asked me the other month what my dream date would be. I said a Broadway show and dinner. Tonight my dream date became a reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick's Fish House

Many Oopses

Last day in Paris