Youth Conference Day 3 and Back Home

In the middle of the night last night I had to go to the bathroom SOOO bad, but I couldn't bring myself to go to the porta potties by myself. haha. So I held it! Even so, I slept way better tonight than yesterday.

Today went by quick. It consisted of packing, a ward devotional, and heading home. Our bishop came up for the devotional, and it'd been a long time since I'd seen him. His son was diagnosed with cancer over the past month or so and it's been all-consuming (as one might imagine). The stories he shared with us were special and faith building. I'm always in awe of people who go through really hard things and keep their faith. 

We made the drive home, with a quick pit-stop at Chick-fil-A, and that was the end of Youth Conference! I can now see the importance of Youth Conference, Girls Camp, etc. These are huge faith-building opportunities that can be life changing. I hope the girls in my group took something away from their experience!

It felt good to come home, shower, nap, and be back with my people. This evening Marty started and finished setting up the grill! Bring on summer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick's Fish House

Last day in Paris

Marty! Lizzie!