Brothers Day

Hello fans of Lizzie’s blog! This is Marty back for another guest post talking all about our boys trip to LA. A few weeks before, my dad had called me and told me that there was a boys day trip brewing. We were already planning on coming out that weekend since I had my spartan race, so we ended up changing our flights to come out one day early so I could make the trip. Turns out there was a global IT outage this weekend and so getting to Utah turned into a fiasco, our flight was delayed nearly 3 hours. Christopher barely made it, he had to take an Uber from Houston to a different airport and get on a flight there after he had already been delayed for hours and hours. Thankfully everyone made it and we were able to pull off the trip!


The morning of, we got to sleep in for a bit which was really nice given how late we came in. We went to the airport around 10:30 and got to take a private jet out to LA - Lizzie was only a teensy bit jealous XD. On the way to LA, we somehow got talking about how Lizzie and I met, so my brothers and my dad became privy to the whole story, sparing no details! It was a lot of fun for me to remember that time and share the story as well.

Once we got to LA, we found out that our favorite KBBQ place had shut down! There were still some other locations but none of them were convenient enough for us to get to. Instead, we went to this place that one of my dad’s acquaintances told him about and it was incredible! I bet we’ll just go to that place next time since it was so good. (BTW, this LA trip has been a running tradition for my dad and brothers since back in my high school days. Nick and my mom went off on their own vacation so chris and my dad and I went on our own trip to LA.)


After KBBQ, we got some awesome roll up ice cream and went to dodgers stadium. We had these special stadium club tickets that turned out to be worthless, they got us into a special restaurant but you had to pay to eat there anyways? And we proceeded to watch an awesome back and forth battle between the dodgers and the red sox, the dodgers managed to pull off the comeback win in the 11th inning! We had to leave early to make our flight but we heard what happened over the AM radio.


When I got home, I found out that lizzie also had a very fun day with her sisters at the pool so I no longer felt bad about ditching her to go to LA :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick's Fish House

Last day in Paris

Marty! Lizzie!