Crazy Dance Mom

I told myself I wouldn't be a crazy dance mom. But here we are. haha. I ended up pulling Emi from Tutu School and moving her to a different studio. I know she's not even 2, but I felt justified in switching studios.

Emi and I went to several classes at the Tutu School and it was the exact same lesson plan every time. It got boring real fast. haha. The teachers also didn't use many ballet terms when I feel like they easily could've used them in place of everyday terms (ie degage instead of kick). I think one of the biggest turn offs for me was that they had coloring as part of class. I just felt like I could give Emi coloring at home and that I shouldn't be paying for dance for someone to give her a coloring sheet.

I had originally put Emi in Tutu School because I figured she's little enough she could go to a chill studio because nicer studios tend to be more expensive. But then I learned that nicer studios were actually cheaper than what we were paying at Tutu School. So it seemed like a no brainer to switch her!

Emi went to her first class at Mile High Dance Studio today and it was wayyy better. Obviously she's still little, and I'm not expecting her to be a professional dancer, but the class was structured more like a typical dance class. This studio also has the child take the class by themselves (opposed to Tutu School where you do the class with them), so I just got to watch her for most of the class! She was a little bit nervous at first and kept saying "mama", but ended up doing okay by herself. I'm happy to have found a better fit for us! 

The dance studio has a one way mirror, so I can look in without her seeing me.

So yes, I may be a little crazy, but I felt like it was best for us to switch studios!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick's Fish House

Last day in Paris

Marty! Lizzie!