Marty! Lizzie!

Emi and I went to Chuze in the morning and then went to the park after with friends! Ronny, Jules, Evi, Isla, and Emi (of course!). We tried out a new park, Spearwood, and the kids liked it. Emi and I stayed a bit longer after everyone left and she made a new friend. It was this cute Chinese boy whose name sounded kind of like "Ethan." Anyway, his mom was doing the sort of thing all moms do at the park--cheering on their child as they try to climb up a ladder or try something new--but in Chinese. She was doing this, and then the most interesting thing happened. Emi started imitating what the mom was saying. It was so cute! Even though there was a language barrier between the mom and I, she could also tell what Emi was trying to do. It's amazing what the brain can do--especially children's brains. They are like little sponges!

Anyway, I just thought that was really cool.

On another note...

Emi's started calling Marty and I by our first names half of the time. Today at ModMarket the cashier asked for my name for the order and I said "Lizzie," and then right afterwards Emi said "This is Lizzie." hahaha. She'll also yell "Lizzie" from the banister upstairs when I'm in the kitchen. I think it's cute, but I also feel like I've earned my title of mom, and like being called that too. haha. 

This girl keeps life exciting.

Emi with her "binoculators" at Elsie's Field Hockey game tonight! We made a family outing out of it.


Comments

  1. This reminded me of when my kids went through the "Angela" and "Dan" phase! I'd forgotten. So funny.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nick's Fish House

Last day in Paris