Mimi and Nono

Late last night Courtney and Michael got in town. They were heading to Pagosa today, but spent the morning and part of the afternoon with Emi and I. 

We walked to Dry Creek Park in the morning! Despite it being hotter than I anticipated and having a bajillion grasshoppers on our walk there, the park itself was really fun. It was shaded and almost no one was there. Emi was being her usual adventurous self and climbed through the tunnel to get to the very tall slide, tried the "zip line," and climbed up a big ladder.

After the park we came home and Michael and Courtney meal planned for Pagosa while Emi and I got ready for the day. By the time we were all ready, it was lunch time and so we headed to Chick-Fil-A! 


We ate our lunch and then headed to Costco to grab a few things for Pagosa...which turned into me also grabbing a few things for our house. Courtney had Emi in the cart and she said I could just wander throughout the store by myself. It was so nice! haha. It's amazing how stress-free shopping can be without feeling responsible for entertaining another human (Even though I do love my adorable shopping buddy).

By that time, it was time to drop Courtney and Michael off at the rental car place. We were sad to see them go, but we'll get to see them later next week.

After dropping them off, Emi and I headed home. At this point it was 2:30 and Em and I were both ready for a nap. We took our naps and hung out just for a bit before it was time for dinner. And then before we knew it, it was time to go to YWs. (Marty had softball today, so Em got to come with me to YWs)

We went to Chatfield for paddle boarding. I just chatted with some of our YW and watched Emi instead of going in the water. After the activity my brain felt completely exhausted. It's been a good day but I'm ready for bed!

Note about Marty's softball: Today was the last day of the season! They played one game in the evening, and then if they won that first game they'd go to the championship game. They won the first one, but lost the championship game. But as Marty put it..this is the furthest they've ever gotten!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick's Fish House

Last day in Paris

Marty! Lizzie!