Giving and Receiving

We were bringing dinner to a family who had a baby yesterday (!) in our ward. They recently moved in, and it was throwing me back to when I had Emi and hardly knew anyone in our community. I was re-remembering how hard it was, and so I decided that I'd make our meal to them extra-special to help them feel loved.

On the menu: Wild Rice Soup, Breadsticks, Peaches, Brownies, Ben n Jerry's Ice Cream, and Fudge Sauce. I kid you not, I was in the kitchen the whole afternoon.haha. It was fun and I was also glad Emi took a good nap today! 

The brownies, that I've made at least 30 times before, turned out gooey and I didn't catch it until they'd been cooling for awhile and it was too late. So I ended up tossing those, but Ben n Jerry's is good too.

I also accidentally put the spoon from the soup into the fudge sauce, so I tossed a batch of Fudge Sauce and started over.

But other than that it went pretty smoothly. I hope they liked it! 

It's funny that yesterday someone brought us dinner, and today we're the ones bringing someone dinner. Life tends to be like that, doesn't it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick's Fish House

Last day in Paris

Marty! Lizzie!