Summer Plans
I wrote this awhile ago but never posted. Putting it on here for memory's sake!
Summer is in full swing in NYC and it is HOT. High of 92 today and low of 75. Kinda nuts.
I've organized a summer calendar of activities to do with kids around the city and this was the first week launching it! Because Emi's preschool gets out a few weeks earlier than the public schools, many families are still in school. However, I figured I may as well start the calendar this week because ultimately it's about making the summer enjoyable for me and the girls.
I've planned 3 days a week of activities, so that way I have flexibility to do things on the other days (ie grocery shopping, downtime, etc). Usually Mondays will be playground days, Wednesdays will be activities close-ish to home, and Fridays excursion days. This week the schedule was a little bit different but we're just getting in the swing of things. This week's agenda: Brooklyn (L'Appartement 4F and Pier 6 and bonus stop to a cute bookstore), Music Class (didn't make it to this), Philharmonic Concert in CP with Fireworks, and Waterline. As well as my own activities with the girls: grocery shopping, taking a trip to the library, Mister Softee, park playdate with a friend, runs, cousin time, and bath times.
Let me just say. I LOVED mapping out the whole summer with activities. It was super fun and rewarding for me to make.
However, I have been stressed out of my mind this week! haha. Mainly because I created a group on WhatsApp for these activities and lots of people joined (over 100 people). However, knowing whether people are coming or not to the activities majorly stresses me out!! I'm so worried that no one will come and I will look like the biggest loser ever in front of 100 people haha. Which I'm learning I just have to accept and move on. But it feels very vulnerable and I realllyyy don't like it. But here I am and I've locked myself in so I'm hoping this summer that I can just embrace whatever turnout happens for what I've planned!
Comments
Post a Comment