Jet Skiing to Lady Liberty

What a Saturday!! In the morning I went for a run. 12 miles and some change! My body has been feeling good and I'm starting to experiment with fuel. I'm so grateful for Marty who is staying at home to watch the girls while I get these long runs in.

Another thank you to Marty for letting me rest after my long runs. I went home, ate something, fed Macy, and then passed out for an hour.

While Macy and I napped, Marty and Emi went to the subway station to do a children handoff. (For a very exciting reason!!) A friend here jet-skied to the Statue of Liberty with her husband and said it was sooo fun. Ever since she told me that, I've been wanting to do it! Our friends, Sarah and Davis, agreed to do a child-swap with us so that we could both try it out!

While Sarah and Davis made their way to Hoboken, Marty took their girls and Emi to the park, brought them to our place for lunch, and then Marty and I made the trek to Hoboken with four little monkeys. It involved a transfer from train to bus at Times Square, and I'm happy to report that we made it to Pier 13 in Hoboken with minimal issues. I still can't get over how much trust we put in each other here-bringing someone else's kids to Times Square and across state lines! haha. 

Once we got there, we swapped with Sarah and Davis and headed out on the water. It was the perfect day to jet ski on the Hudson! The weather was beautiful. We had a tour guide and one other couple with us. I drove first, then we jumped into the water between the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, and then Marty drove us back. It was a little scary but mostly just fun!! I would recommend to anyone!! It was such a unique way to see city views and the Statue of Liberty.

 

After our adventure we hopped back on the bus then train then bus with our friends and made it to the Met. Both of our families were invited to a friend's disguise birthday party in the ward so we trekked to the party together. Marty and I were lame and didn't have a disguise but it was so fun to be apart of. It was basically a "Where's Waldo" experience but at the Met. Everyone invited to the party was asked to show up at the Met steps by a certain time and you had to try and find other guests but everyone (except us lol) was in disguises. There were some realllyyy good disguises and I was sad we hadn't dressed up...but I thought of the perfect idea if we're ever invited to a party like this again!!

From the party we went home, ate some Mimi's pizza, and put the girls down to bed. It was a wild day! But the best kind. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is Good

3 am Prayer

Kids Clothes