General Conference Pt 2

Before conference we talked with Dave, Steph, and Ingi. They just got back from Reno and Vegas. Dave will be finishing up with residency next year and they were interviewing with some different practices there. They have worked so hard these past several years and I hope they get in with the practice they are hoping for! So good catching up with them. 

After we got off the phone with them we hopped onto conference. I loved President Nelson's talk about being Peacemakers. It was beautiful. I need to go back and listen to that one...and while I'm at it I also need to go listen to Saturday afternoon session because I fell asleep near the beginning. I was telling Marty the tricky thing about having a baby during conference is one of us has to be awake at all times because someone has to keep an eye on Emi. haha. Luckily she was napping so I felt like I had the go ahead to fall asleep as well. I woke up in time to hear Elder Stanfill's talk. I'm glad I did. He talked about perfectionism which I've struggled with at times. At the close of the meeting President Nelson announced more temples. I always love that part of conference. I get so excited! I'm always hoping for more temples in Japan.haha. Another temple in Yanai or Hiroshima or even Kyoto would be awesome. 

Other things we did today were go for a walk, play catch, and make Gram's Enchiladas. They're so delicious and filling! We also played 7 Wonders and Splendor online with Peter and Alex. Game night is something I always look forward to. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick's Fish House

Many Oopses

Last day in Paris